Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bluuuu


I’ll admit I went way over the time limit on this one. I think it was about 2 hours. I spent about 30 minutes noodeling with the damn dome before I realized I can use the pen tool and the masking trick I learned at Goro’s presentation. That helped a TON! Anyway, I feel like I’m making good progress. I might like this one more than my last one.  Peace!

 Wow after posting it, I think i need to calibrate my 2 monitors... I don't know where i got all that green from. Oh well.

I thought I'd throw this in here today too. When I have nothing to do I usually sketch whatever is near me. the image with the little house in the forest is referenced from an artist i don't remember. Its from Kung Fu Panda though!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, the texture on the dome looks freakin' awesome! And I love the color you used for the shadow of the wall. It gives it a sea-ish kind of feel. :D The rock structure to the left of the dome could be bluer, but like you said, it might just be a matter of calibrating your monitors. Also, how did you make it have a nice glowy feeling? Makes it feel extra bright. haha Nice job! :D

    Have a good day tomorrow. Night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The texture is just from the brush pack from Goro's site. and the glowy feeling is from an overlay layer. Just make a new layer set to overlay and put it on top of your image. then take a soft brush set to around 5% opacity, pick a reallly bright color and rub around over the highlights.

    ReplyDelete